Update: May 2018
Some of our Services may be subject to separate terms and conditions, policies and disclaimers governing their use. These supplemental terms, policies or disclaimers shall be incorporated into this Policy and shall prevail over any conflicting provision of this Policy.
Our websites ans Services may contain links to third-party websites, products or services and our Services may use or offer products or services from third-parties – for exemple, a third-party robot app. Note that information collected by such third parties, which may include personal information, is governed bytheir own privacy practices that we encourage you to consult.
Personal Information: Personal information is data that identify a single person. It does not include aggregate or anonymized information which is data we collect about User’s, or group/category of Users’, use of the Services from which individual identities or personnal information are not know or have been removed.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we learn from you helps us deliver, operate effectively, personalize and continually improve our Services. Such data may include personal information and also data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information you give us: we collect and store information you provide us when you set up your account on the website; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; place an order or complete an entry form ; send us your resume and other information necessary to process your application. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, country, email address, phone number, or financial information.
Information related to your use of our robots:
- If the diagnostic report has been enabled on a robot, we will collect and analyze information such as error reports, usage statistics, dialog quality data or interaction performance for this particular robot and combine them with the data included in the robot’s associated account. While such data are mostly technical and non-Personal Information, some might however be regarded as Personal Information with respect to the robot’s account holder (ex: the list of applications downloaded on the robot).
- Dialog data: SBRE Services include features that allow you to interact orally with our robots. SBRE will not collect or store the content of the interactions with your robot without your consent.
However, the ability of our robots to decode human voice being limited, sometimes the robot may not understand its interlocutor speaks perfectly, and in this case, the spoken words of the person who speaks will be translated into text and transmitted to our third-party voice recognition provider in order to provide the voice recognition feature expected. Please be aware that if the spoken words include personal or other sensitive information (i.e: name, address…), that information will be transmitted to our third-party provider. The voice-recognition feature can be activated or deactivated at any time. Note however that if the voice-recognition feature is deactivated, the oral interaction with the robot will be limited.
Cookies: we use cookie technology in order to offer you a better and more personalised surfing on our website.
A cookie is a small text file which registers information regarding your navigation. Nearly every website uses cookie technology to make websites work and to optimize design and functionality. SBRE uses the following categories of cookies on this website:
- Strictly necessary cookies that enable you to move around the website and use its basic functions. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as log into a secure area of the site. These cookies are indispensable for the use of the website.
- Functional cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to our website and enable us to offer you improved and more personalised functions like remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region). These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
- Analytical and performance cookies taht allow us to know about how our website is used and thus helps us to improve the way our website works. For this purpose our third parties provider “AB Tasty solutions” collects usage statistics. Such information relates, for example, to the navigator used, the number of pages visited, the number of visits, time spent on the website, on a particular page, etc.
No primary personal data (name, first name, phone n°, address...) is gathered and only two types of secondary data (i.e. data that might possibly lead to an individual in certain circumstances) are collected here – cookies and IP number.
- Your IP is used by our provider for sole purposes of geo-localising the connecting device (regional details, potentially details of the town in some countries) to enrich the data collection. The IP is anonymized just after the operation of geo-localising and stored in encrypted format.
- The cookies used here are “first party" cookies. The lifespan of such cookies shall not exceed 13 months.
In any event, you have control over the cookies since they are stored on you device, at browser level. You are therefore able to read them, filter them, refuse them and suppress them, following the provisions below:
Refusing a cookie via browser software:
The browser may also be set as stated hereunder to indicate the cookies saved in the terminal and request whether or not to accept them (on a case by case or overall basis).
Internet Explorer: Click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options. In the General tab, choose Browsing history, click on Settings. Then click Select files and select the ookie(s) you wish to disable. Then close the window containing the list of Cookies and click twice on OK to return to internet.
Firefox browser: Click on the Firefox Menu icon, then on the Tools button, then Options; in the window that appears, select Privacy and collect Remove Specific Cookies. Select the ookies you wish to disable then remove them.
Safari: click on the Settings button, then on Preferences. In the window that appears, choose Privacy/Security and click on Show cookies. Select the Cookies you wish to disable then click on Delete or Delete All.
Chrome: click on the Google Chrome menu, then Settings. At the bottom of the page, click on Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section, click on Content Settings. To disable cookies: Select Block sites from storing any data; then click on Cookies and site data then move the mouse over the website which created the Cookie, and click on X in the right corner, or click on Remove All.
You have the option to Opt-out, blocking collection of information on visits to the website. To enable this opt-out option, go to : https://support.abtasty.com/hc/en-us/articles/200238607-How-can-I-avoid-being-assigned-to-the-tests-optout-
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At times, SoftBank Robotics Europe may make certain personal information available to third Parties:
- As part of a merger or sale of a business;
- With vendors, agents and licensors of SoftBank Robotics Europe;
- Other SoftBank Robotics Europe users, as authorized by you or your use of SoftBank Robotics Europe sites, products, services, applications and tools;
- When required by law or to respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- To enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements or protect the property and safety of SoftBank Robotics Europe, our users or others (this does not include selling, renting or otherwise disclosing your information for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Policy);
- Other than set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
For the purpose of the above purposes, we may transfer your information in countries located out of the European-Union where data protection laws may be less protective than the European Union legislation. This may be the case when one of our data processors is located in a country not providing an ‘adequate’ level of data protection, such as the United States or Japan. Such a data processor may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your service request (i.e: voice recognition services), the hosting of your data or the provision of support services through electronic communications.
When such a transfer happens, we ensure that it takes place in accordance with this Policy and is regulated by standard contractual clauses or other legal framework approved by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate protection for data subjects.
Therefore and regardless of the country where you reside, you authorise us to transfer, process, store and use your information in countries other than your own in accordance with this Policy.
SoftBank Robotics Europe will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, for as long as your SBRE account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Where permitted by law, you may have the right to obtain a copy of Personal Information that we hold about you. Before responding to your request, we may ask you to (i) verify your identity and (ii) provide further details so we can better respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe and, in any event, within any timeframe required by law. If you want to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details provided below;
- As a user and/or client of our Services , you can access the Personal Data we hold about you via your account to correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. You may also update or delete your personal information by contacting us, using the contact details provided below . You can also close your account online at any time and have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate purposes. For instance, if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms and Conditions, we may want to keep some of your information to avoid that you circumvent the rules applicable to our Services.
- We may decline to process certain data access requests, such as those that are frivolous, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. All requests regarding privacy requests should be sent to the contact address indicated below.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
If you would like to contact us with any enquiry relating to your Personal Data, you can do so by sending a letter to the address mentioned at the beginning of this document, Attn : Legal Department- or an email to email@example.com.