2. Daily Use
Turning NAO ON
Make sure NAO is on a flat surface, with enough space to move around.
Put NAO in Safe Posture before turning it ON.
Press the Chest Button once to turn ON NAO.
Do not touch NAO while it is turning ON, it might cause errors.
The boot process is completed when NAO says "Ognak Gnuk".
Turning NAO OFF
Press and hold the Chest Button until NAO says "Gnuk Gnuk" (around 3 seconds).
NAO goes to crouch posture.
The shutdown process is completed when all the LEDs are off.
Making NAO go to Rest Mode will:
- Stop the Autonomous Life,
- Turn OFF the motors,
- Exit an application,
- Put NAO in Crouch Posture (see Safe Postures).
- Allow you to pick up NAO and manually change its posture.
To make NAO go to Rest, just press the Chest Button twice.
To wake up NAO, just press the Chest Button twice again.
Be careful, do not force on NAO's arms and legs or push against the motors when NAO is NOT in Rest mode, because it will damage them.
To optimize battery life:
- Fully charge it before first use,
- Fully charge it once a month, even during long time storage,
- Fully charge it immediately after an automatic shut down.
It is very important to follow this recommandation, otherwise the battery may become unusable. More information on the Battery Charger Guide.
Charging time: 2h for 100%.
Battery life: 45min to 2h, depending on use.
Battery Charger LEDs meaning:
Holding NAO by the waist is the best way to handle the robot and avoid pinching.
It is easier to handle NAO when motors are OFF (when NAO is in Rest mode or when NAO is OFF).
Be careful when picking up NAO: do not place your hands and fingers near the joints or between the limbs, you could be pinched.
Do not pull NAO by the head, the arms, or the legs, otherwise you might damage the joints. NAO's fingers are fragile, do not pull on them, they might come off.
- NAO is designed for indoor use only.
- Keep NAO away from radiators or other heat sources.
- Do not operate NAO if non-condensed humidity is above 80%.
- Do not expose NAO to dust, sand, moisture, or excessive saline atmosphere (e.g. coastal environment).
- Do not place NAO at the edge of a table: NAO does not see where the table ends.
- Ensure there are no slope or stairs around NAO.
- Ensure NAO is on a smooth and flat surface.
Avoid carpets or rugs.