4. Applications and NAOqi
NAOqi is the Operating System of the robot.
What you will need
- Robot Settings installed on your computer,
- SoftBank Robotics Account,
- NAO Robot,
- Battery charger,
- Computer connected to the same internet network as your robot.
- Turn NAO ON.
- Make sure to enable the "Auto System Update" option of your robot on the Application Store.
- On your computer, launch Robot Settings.
- Connect to your NAO using the "Host/IP" field or the "Open Robot list" button.
- A popup window appears, telling you that a NAOqi upgrade is available.
- Click "Download".
- The Release Note window opens.
- Click the right arrow.
- Make sure the Battery Charger is plugged into the Robot, otherwise you won't be able to continue.
- Click "Start upgrade".
NAOqi update starts. When the download is finished, the robot will reboot automatically.
To make sure the NAOqi update is correctly installed, listen to NAO's notification. NAO will tell you:
"I have successfully updated my system. I am now running version XXXX".
Installing an application
1. Associating the application to your Robot
- On your computer, go to the Application Store.
- Click on the "Applications" tab to navigate among all applications, or type the name of the application you want in the search bar.
- Once you found the application you want, click on it to open the Application information page.
- On the Application information page, in the "You are working on" list select the Robot you want to download the application to.
- Click the "Install" button.
- A pop-up window appears to let you choose the version of the application (latest or beta).
- Click "Install".
The application is now associated to your robot. Proceed to the next step to finish the installation process.
2. Deploying the application on your Robot
To finish the installation process, you need to launch Robot Settings on your computer.
Make sure your Robot and your computer are connected to the same network and that your computer is connected to Internet.
- Open Robot Settings and connect your Robot (either with its IP address or with the "Open robot list" button).
- Open the "Update Your Applications" menu.
- Click "Update all" to download and install the application on your Robot.
To check if the application is correctly installed, wait for the Chest Button to blink green and listen to the Robot's Notification:
NAO will say the name of the application and its state (installed/updated).