Pepper understands its environment.
- Microphone: on the top of the head
- Cameras: 2D and 3D stereovision, in eyes, mouth and forehead
- Environment sensors: lasers, infrared sensor, sonars.
- Bumpers: three bumpers push-button sensors.
To make sure Pepper is listening, ensure the Shoulder LEDs are blue.
If Pepper is not looking at you, try calling the robot's name to get attention.
You can apply the following tips to improve your communication:
- Pepper’s hearing area is narrow.
- Keep eye-contact when interacting with Pepper.
- Stay in front of Pepper.
- Pepper is listening when:
- Shoulder LEDs are blue,
- Blue line on the tablet.
- Speech recommendations:
- Do not speak at the same time,
- Use short sentences,
- Do not speak too fast,
- Do not be shy, speak loud and clear!
A Notification is a combined Shoulder LEDs indication and a spoken message.
There is a Notification if the Shoulder LEDs blinks, whom importance is defined by the colour.
- Green: Information
- Yellow: Warning
- Red: Error
Press the Chest Button once to hear the message.
Make sure Pepper's volume is high enough. Refer to the How do I change the volume of my robot? article to find out how.