Last Updated: November 15, 2018
Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, which requires you to arbitrate any claims you may have against SBRA. ARBITRATION MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
1. Personal Information Defined
"Personal Information" means information that identifies any individual or User (including without limitation, name, date of birth, address, telephone/mobile number, e-mail address, public online identifiers, or payment/billing information), and any other information that is required by applicable law to be treated as Personal Information (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information does not include "aggregate” or “anonymized” information, which is data we collect (including without limitation, demographic or preference information) from which Personal Information has been removed. If SBRA combines this information with Personal Information, SBRA will treat this information as Personal Information pursuant to this Policy.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information about our Users in several ways:
Active Collection: We collect certain information from you when you provide it, such as if you:
- Create a customer account;
- Apply or register for a pre-order;
- Subscribe to one of our newsletters or other promotional content;
- Participate in any community forums or chat rooms
- Make a purchase through us;
- Receive customer or technical support;
- Participate in contests, events, or promotions; and
- Participate in polls, surveys, or questionnaires.
Typically, the Personal Information we may collect includes: name; email address; telephone number; company name; work email address; work telephone number; shipping and billing address; date of birth, and payment information for those applying or registering for a pre-order or purchasing products through the Services. Additionally, we may also collect demographic information such as your age, gender, country and zip code of residence, other geo-locational information, and preferences. This demographic information may be associated with your Personal Information. If this demographic information is connected with Personal Information, we will treat the demographic information as Personal Information.
Passive Collection: Furthermore, SBRA may collect information regarding your behavior while using the Services to better adapt our products and Services to your interests and to provide a better quality of Services. SBRA may on its own, or with the help of third party analytics tools, collect information concerning your and other Users’ purchasing habits and use of our Services. The information collected may contain the following, without limitation: device unique identity, including mobile and robot; tablet unique identifier or other device identifiers and settings; internet provider, carrier, operating system; hardware information; localization information; date and time spent on the Services; metrics and statistics; feature usage; advertising conversion rates; purchase history; and other similar information. Some of this information may not be Personal Information; however, if SBRA combines information that is not Personal Information with Personal Information, SBRA will treat that information as Personal Information pursuant to this Policy. See Section 3 below for more information.
3. Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer, although this may affect your ability to shop online or to access certain features of our Services. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer, although this may affect your ability to shop online or to access certain features of our Services. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org to learn more. Note that opting-out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted-out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your preferences and usage patterns.
4. Use of Personal Information
We do not require that website visitors reveal any Personal Information in order to gain general access to the majority of our Services. However, if you prefer not to, or if you are not allowed by law to, disclose Personal Information, you will not be able to register and/or enjoy certain features of our Services. We use Personal Information we collect through the Services for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services, products or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- To communicate with you and respond to your emails, submissions, questions, inquiries, comments, requests, and complaints and to provide customer service. For instance, we may use your email address to send you service announcements or to inform you of changes in pricing, changes to the Services or our online service or customer support policies. We may also use your mobile telephone number to send you via text message information or customer support you request.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services or request feedback from you about the Services;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, to detect and prevent fraud, and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- To conduct surveys, contests and sweepstakes. Your participation in online events and promotions may be conditional upon SBRA’s collection, use, storage, transmission and public display of statistical data generated through your participation. This statistical data may include your Personal Information;
- To operate the Services, including, without limitation, payment processing and products delivery;
- To personalize and improve the Services and Users' experiences, to increase the functionality and User friendliness of the Services, to deliver advertisements, newsletters, coupons, promotions, rewards, awards or other content, or features that match User profiles or interests on the Services, and to provide recommendations as to third party advertisements, content or features that may be of interest to Users on the Services;
- To provide you with news and information about our third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services we think will be of interest to you;
- To contact you about your interest in our products or Services; and/or
- For any other purpose as described in this Policy or for which we notified you the information will be collected, used and shared and received your consent.
5. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We share Personal Information as follows:
- With affiliates of SBRA, including, but not limited to, SoftBank Robotics Group Corp, SoftBank Robotics Corp, SoftBank Robotics Europe SAS and SoftBank Robotics China Inc.;
- With vendors, consultants, and/or other service providers ("Service Providers") who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation and/or promotion of the Services and who need access to such information to carry out their work;
- With other Users of the Services on our forums or chat rooms;
- With promotional partners to send you coupons, promotions, rewards, awards and advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- We may share the Personal Information collected by us pursuant to this Policy with promotional partners to display customized content on our Services or third party sites that we think will be of interest to you;
- In the event of purchase or sale of businesses. From time to time, we may purchase a business or sell or transfer one or more of our businesses and your Personal Information may be transferred as a part of the purchase or sale/transfer. If we purchase a business, the Personal Information received with that business would be treated in accordance with this Policy, if it is practicable and permissible to do so. If we sell a business, whenever possible, we will include provisions in the sale agreement requiring the purchaser to treat your Personal Information in the same manner as required by this Policy. The provisions of this paragraph will also apply if we are sold as part of bankruptcy proceedings; and
To the extent that third parties have access to your Personal Information, whenever possible, we will request that they follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Policy.
6. Social Networks/Third Party Accounts
By accessing the Services through a social network or other third party platform or service, or by connecting to a third party account, network, platform or service via one of our products and/or Services, you are authorizing SBRA to (1) collect, store, and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all information that you agreed that the social network or other third party service could provide to SBRA based on your settings on your relevant account, the third party social network or service and (2) share any and all of your Personal Information with the social network or other third party service, through the third party service’s Application Programming Interface (API). Your agreement to this takes place when you connect with the third party network, platform or service via our products and/or services, and/or when you connect with, "accept" or "allow" (or similar terms) one of our applications through the third party platform or service.
7. Notice Regarding Public Posting Areas
You understand that when you use the Services, any information you share with individuals through our forums or chat rooms or our other Services or through social network sites or other social feeds, will be available to other Users and in some cases may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out Personal Information to others or sharing Personal Information in public or private online forums. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we are not responsible for the actions of third party service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. Therefore, we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third parties.
8. Third Party Links and Plug-Ins
9. User Choices
You have choices as to how we use the Personal Information you submit to us:
Promotional E-mails: If you engage with us, SBRA may send you promotional communications about its Services that you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from SBRA, please follow one of these two options: (a) when you receive a promotional e-mail from us, it will contain a link or other instruction that allows you to stop the delivery of similar messages from us and/or (b) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. If you decide to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails, you will no longer receive special offers, valuable coupons, new product introductions or e-newsletters from SBRA. However, you will continue to receive non-promotional communications from us, such as order confirmations and/or important notifications about the Services and / or your account(s). Your opt-out request will be processed within ten (10) days of the date of which we receive it.
Opt-Out of Custom Content: We may work with trusted marketing partners to bring you more useful and interesting content on our Services and on third party sites and services. We may do this by sharing or matching the Personal Information you have provided on the Services with the information (which may include Personal Information) you have provided to third party marketing partners. If you do not want SBRA to match your Personal Information with trusted partners to tailor ads or other custom content for you on our Services and/or third party sites, you can contact email@example.com. If you opt-out, SBRA will no longer share your Personal Information with partners to tailor ads or other custom content. Your opt-out request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date of which we receive it.
Opting-out from the Custom Content will not change the behavior of third parties collecting information on the Services. For more information as to how to opt-out of third party collection please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Your California Privacy Rights and How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
The following applies solely to California residents who have an established business relationship with SBRA. If we collect Personal Information from you, we may make that Personal Information available to third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. If you decide that you do not want us to share your Personal Information with these companies for their marketing and promotional purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. In this email, state that you would like SBRA to not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Your opt-out request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date of which we receive it.
SBRA does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) settings in your browser.
11. Policy for Children
SBRA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, we will immediately delete such information.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is extremely important to us. We use robust security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as encrypted communications, physically secured rooms, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, please understand that, despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. We will notify Users of a data breach as required by applicable law.
To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your log-in information and password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Services by any person using your log-in information and/or password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your log-in and/or password has been misused.
DESPITE OUR EFFORTS TO KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE, NO COMPANY CAN GUARANTY THE SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF ITS SERVICES, INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA. ACCORDINGLY, SBRA DISCLAIMS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN YOUR PRIVACY OR THE SECURITY OF ITS DATA IN REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ARE "AS IS" AND SBRA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY OF ITS SERVICES.
13. Storage and Use Period
Unless a different storage or use period is required by applicable laws and regulations, SBRA will use and store your Personal Information for the length of time we think is necessary for the uses outlined in this Policy.
14. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You can access and update the contact information you have provided to us by logging in to your customer account through our customer management system, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be required to provide additional information in order for us to verify your request. Your request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date on which we receive it.
15. International Data Transfers
16. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution and Agreement to Arbitrate
17. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last revised. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
18. Contacting Us
If you have questions about our privacy practices or wish to send us comments about this Policy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at the address below:
SoftBank Robotics America, Inc. Attn: Privacy Rights Administrator c/o Legal Department
150 California St, San Francisco, California 94111, USA
Please be assured that any Personal Information that you provide in communications to the above email and postal mail addresses will not be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request such materials.